Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FRANKVILLE'S FARMERS MARKET


THIS IS AN OLD POST I FOUND UNDER MY DRAFTS, ITS FROM LAST SUMMER, BUT ALL IS THE SAME THIS SUMMER, SITTING ON THE PORCH AND EATING OUT OF SNITKERS GARDEN, BUT ITS NOT READY YET




WOW, it has been a whole month since I blogged, can't believe it, wonder what I have been doing. Eating is one, since Rex & Mary share their farmers market, I thought I would share mine.
This is about 20 steps from my house, Brian Snitkers garden, and its the best.
Fresh tomatoes, can't bet them. They are just starting to turn, so I haven't had any yet. Had a few cumbers and yesterday & tonight we had:
Fresh green beans and zucchini, sliced up with onion, butter and a new seasoning I found call garlic pepper, wrapped in foil and place on the grill. That big purple blob in the corner is eggplant, have been cooking that also. I fried it just like mushrooms. No eggplant tonight. And the final results are:
Really tastey, I know when my sister reads this, she won't believe I'm eating any of this stuff. My favorite word for years was "YUK". But I guess as you grow older your taste buds change or you go thru a mid-life crisis and try new things. When I'm done with food, I sit here and read my book. This is the new porch we put on last spring and enjoy it alot.
The series of books I have been reading all summer is a series of 13, author is Janet Evanovich. The are about a female bounty huner, lots of good humor. Not sure what to report on for the past month, I guess just working trying to get ready for my new position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, I can't believe you ate it.